Sunday 17 March 2019

Scalpel blade folder

Some time ago I got the idea of making a tiny folding knife but the blade would be a scalpel blade, like most of you I have a plenty and wen dull just throw it out and does blades are perfect for cutting up all does boxes from shipping but the handles are not so save to carry, a normal blade just gets dull fast from boxes.
So I started with my own tiny folder and grinded out the basic shape out of a scrap piece of steel and with a dremel I made it to fit the blade.
Tomorrow I will start with a wooden handle if I still have a good piece anyway.



update: fit was not as good it could be so second try


grey piece above is the test piece out of clay and will be the folder handle 


thanks for watching
Greetings Mondria

No comments:

Post a Comment